I think a picture is worth a thousand words and a taste is worth a thousand and one. So take a look at this pic and then go make this cake...dude, NOW!
Luscious Four -Layer Pumpkin Cake
adapted from Kraftcanada.com
1 pkg. yellow cake mix
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin, divided
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup oil or applesauce
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, divided
1 (8oz) brick light cream cheese
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup powdered sugar
3 cups thawed whipped cream
1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Heat oven to 350. Grease 2 (9 inch) round pans. Beat cake mix, 1 cup of pumpkin, milk, oil, (or applesauce) and 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice. Mix until well blended and pour into prepared cake pans.
- Bake 26-28 minutes or until knife comes out clean. Cool cakes completely on wire racks.
- Beat cream cheese. Add powdered sugar, remaining pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix well and then gently fold in whipped cream.
- Cut each cake layer in half with a serrated knife. Stack on serving plate, spreading cream cheese mixture between each layer. (Do not frost top layer.)
- Drizzle cake with caramel sauce just before serving and then sprinkle with nuts.
I promise there will be RAVE reviews! Eat well this Fall my friends!!